Hi Philip,

Some Wi-Fi routers have trouble handling large numbers of small network
packets, such as are produced when moving the mouse around in the VNC session,
and that in turn can upset the Windows TCP stack and lead to the sort of
behaviour you're seeing.

You can enable the "Pointer event rate-limiting" feature in the VNC Viewer to
work around this problem.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd