So that brings us to what is being measured in the Casimir experiments today.
Fran says I have argued that thermodynamics in combination with electrostatic
charging is the source of the Casimir effect. That was my first attempt to
explain the Casimir effect without the ZPF.

You can force two like-charged balloons together and they will stick since
parts of each balloon induces spots of opposite charge on small areas of the
other balloon.---But that is just the problem---You have to force them
together, then they stick.  This is the problem with saying that Van der Waal's
Forces of Distraction are caused by a Summation of London Forces over an
extended area.  Saying that Van der Waal's Forces cause the Casimir Force makes
as much sense as maintaining that the Path of the Earth Around the Sun causes
both Gravity and Inertia!

Unfortunately, Casimir did not conserve EM energy and this has been going on by
his followers for over a half century.

Why does he have to conserve energy.  This whole business is based on the idea
that there is always the same amount of em vanishing from the Universe as is
appearing.--Or they simply say "It doesn't count because it is so brief!" which
is truly absurd.

Besides: Isn't the Big Bang just a kind of end-run around Mass-Energy
Conservation.  If the Big Bang gets a pass on these laws because it started
outside the realm of this Universe and its Laws---then why may I not posit a
Theory of Little Pops (little Big-Bangs so-to-speak!)

Google Quantum-Flux and Big Bang and you find that the Big-Bang Theory still
requires a Quantum-Flux to generate Matter.---Why is everybody so sure that
this process has stopped?

You don't even need a Big Bang if you have enough "Little Pops"

Evidence that this is so!!!  The Earth Grows!!!

http://www.nealadams.com/nmu.html

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/