At 5:26 AM 2/15/5, Frederick Sparber wrote:
>If  the energy (E) in the classical equation E = mc^2  intrinsically contains
>(is part of) the Vacuum Zero Point Energy (ZPE) then:
>
>dE = dmc^2
>
>IOW, the classical radius of the fundamental particles,  R = kq^2/E   or R
>= kq^2/mc^2
>
>can be varied by "environmental" conditions that vary the intrinsic ZPE:
>dR = kq^2/dE
>or dR = kq^2/dmc^2.
>
>Thus, a mass change (dm) under one set of conditions can give off energy and
>"absorb" it under others.
>
>For instance, atoms/molecules in the cold-tenuous upper atmosphere ( or
>space) can
>effect a dE  (hence mass change of them) which can be reversed in an
>experiment,
>that causes an energy releasing mass change dm.
>
>Rather subtle?

Looks somewhat familiar to me.  Corrected values follow.

Uncertainty of momentum for a particle constrained by distance delta x is
given by:

   delta mv = h/(2 Pi delta x)

but since

   KE = 1/2 m v^2 = 1/(2 m) {delta mv)^2

   delta KE = 1/(2 m) (h/(2 Pi delta x))^2

   delta KE = h^2 /[(8 Pi^2 m)    (delta x)^2]

the more you can confine the *position* of a particle the more energy you
can potentially observe when you sample that energy.  For example, if an
electron can be confined to a 1 angstrom range then there is an uncertainty
of 1.06x10^-24 kg-m/s on the momentum and thus 6.1x10^-19 J or 3.8 eV
uncertainty on energy.

However, since delta KE = (delta m) * c^2

   delta m = h^2 /[(8 Pi^2 m c^2)    (delta x)^2]

so incremental mass due to ZPE increases as the inverse square of the
confinement radius.

Regards,

Horace Heffner