On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in what keeps the Rossi micro powder from
> sintering/melting at high surface temperatures when the reactor is in
> operation. We call this weird behavior the melting miracle.

This is an interesting question.  If the same internal/external temperature
gradient was in effect in the Lugano test as seen in the MFMP "dogbone"
calibrations (at the higher temperatures, a delta T of 330 C [1]), we're
left with some weird possibilities to sort through:

   - the temperature calculated for the outside of the Lugano E-Cat was
   significantly lower than 1400.
   - the nickel in the volume of the core of the Lugano reactor was not
   subject to the same amount of heat across the length of the core, and the
   nickel extracted for the isotope assays was from an area that maintained a
   temperature below the point of the complete melting point of nickel.
   - the outside temperature of the Lugano reactor was as reported, and the
   nickel in the core vaporized and then recrystallized when the temperature
   was still high towards the end of the test, resulting in a partially
   sintered appearance, while somehow maintaining an isotope gradient.
   - other possibilities?

I do not know what unsintered nickel looks like, so it is hard for me to
get a sense of where along the spectrum the nickel in the images taken from
the Lugano assays was.

Eric

[1] http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/DogboneDec30.jpg