Hi,
[snip]
>In the nuclear industry, there is a reactor type called the pebble bed
>reactor. That reactor uses a uranium and plutonium nuclear fuel enclosed in
>a graphite and Silicon carbide coating called TRISO fuel.
>
>http://www.intechopen.com/books/metal-ceramic-and-polymeric-composites-for-various-uses/composite-materials-under-extreme-radiation-and-temperature-environments-of-the-next-generation-nucl
>
>That pebble bed fuel has been tested to keep all the products of
>fission sequestered  for years at a 100% reliability rate.

Hydrogen isn't really a fission product, though a little might be produced
through proton spallation.
(In the Fukushima disaster I think the hydrogen was produced by the chemical
reaction of the Zirconium cladding with water.)
However what I had in mind was actually a mini-molecule of Li bound to Hydrino
Hydride ions, and this mini molecule should pass through the interstitial gaps
in any lattice, so I doubt any sort of cladding would hold it for long (unless
it carries a net charge). The cladding might just have to be made thick to be
somewhat useful.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk