Hi,

I think it's a smart move of Toyota.
Take note, Toyoto is also aware of "wet van de remmende voorsprong", so they need to leap forward somehow or the competition will do it instead. And if Europe and the US are not available as a market due to certification issues they will focus on the Chinese and Indian market.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_handicap_of_a_head_start

Kind regards,

Rob