Here's a good theory:

Maybe the answer is as simple as the E-Cat(product name for the low
temperature model) is manufactured in Florida. The HotCat(product name for
the high temperature model) has R&D/manufacturing in Raleigh but the
inspector didn't ask about the HotCat so Vaughn wasn't forced to volunteer
information about it.

This makes sense.   Rossi is probably misdirecting everyone because he
doesn't want to be stalked in Florida.  Vaughn simply told the rep the
truth, that Rossi is lying.