This is not true.  There are many physical and chemical thing happening
that set the stage for LENR, and just because the stage has been set, it
doesn't mean the show started.  The chemical changes are the dissociation
of the LiAlH4 and the dissolving of the Ni (at higher temperatures).  The
physical changes include the low temperature sintering of the cleaned Ni
into a 3D web.  Hydrogen cleaning of the Ni and the alumina surfaces
allowed the molten metal to "wet" which is a chemical reaction in a sense
because it involves monatomic hydrogen attachment to the surface oxide in
the case of the alumina and stripping of the oxide to water vapor in the
case of the Ni.  Lots going on before LENR occurs.