Thanks Fran.  I would love to be able to just see the XH to start.  It
would be a happy circumstance to then go on to evolve the software control
to regulate temperature by modulating the thermal load.

I am most of the way through making the small pieces for the convection
system (it will have 4 ball bearing mounts).  All of this needs to be
capable of working at fairly high air temperature (but the drive motor will
be outside the box at ambient temperature).  In the DAQ that I use (Omega
DAQ-56), I have 4 counter inputs.  I am using 2 of these for radiation
counts, and I could use one for tachometer pulse counting from the fan
drive shaft.  Then I could use 4 of the digital outputs of the DAQ to
provide fan motor speed control - so it wouldn't have to be 1 bit on/off.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Roarty, Francis X <francis.x.roa...@lmco.com