>From Jed:

> Dreams do come true, so be careful what you wish for. I dreamed of having

> a computer of my own, after seeing one at the Census Bureau at age 8.

> When I grew up I did have one. It was the first expensive item I bought

> as an adult.

That was a very prophetic dream you had, Jed, and at the age of eight.

Let me reciprocate with a similar dream I had when I was about 9 or 10 years
old and living out on Guam. This was back in the early 1960s. I had a vivid
dream one night where I felt the presence of teachers who were nearby but out
of my sight. They were telling me interesting things about a magical box they
had placed in front of me. I got the impression the box could make my dreams
come true. I got the impression that I could put my dreams into the box, and
then box would eventually reciprocate with the outward externalization of those
dreams. It was a very strong dream. I didn't know what that magical box was -
but I knew I wanted one. It was, of course, the personal computer. Back then I
have no idea what a computer was, let alone a personal computer.

Personal computers have helped me externalize my visionary dreams in the form
of digital paintings as well as my compositions. Perhaps if I'm lucky that same
magic box will also eventually assist me in my ongoing Kepler research. But
that remains to be seen. Hey! Two out of three ain't bad.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

OrionWorks.com

zazzle.com/orionworks