From: Jack Cole
*       I wrote a short post about two papers that are of interest, but are
negative regarding Ni+LAH. Jean-Paul Biberian has conducted a series of
experiments with the Parkhomov formula … after some 20 experiments utilizing
mass flow calorimetry revealed no excess heat.  Additionally, Budko and
Korshunov report a series of 17 experiments generating no excess heat…. My
conclusion at this point is that nickel and LiAlH4 does not reliably produce
excess heat, and if it does at all, it is rare.
Yes that seems to be the painful lesson; and given many other failures not
reported - it is very obvious that Rossi may have forfeited any chance of a
valid patent, since he held back on details which have prohibited those
“skilled in the art” from replicating the effect.
Many observers seem to have an opinion about what was left out, but fortunately
Leif Holmlid may have come to the rescue with a catalyst known to produce dense
hydrogen. A population of dense hydrogen may be required.
BTW Jack – if memory serves, you used iron oxide and potassium in an early
experiment which melted the heating wire. Looking back at that incident - what
is the possibility that large gain from dense hydrogen reacted at once to cause
the runaway?