On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com>
wrote:

But at the same time in China, India, people will decide to embrace LENR,
> invest trillion$, to take supremacy over the West.

It's difficult to see into the future beyond having a vague sense of "big
change will happen."  But it seems clear that great strain will be placed
on the patent system, and that patent enforcement will potentially fracture
to some extent along national boundaries.  There is little chance in my
mind that entrepreneurs in Russia, India or China will be required to pay
patent fees to someone outside of those countries at such a time as LENR
becomes widely understood, at least for products sold within those
countries.  The governments will protect businesses as a matter of national
strategic interest.

Also, I think you are correct in anticipating the possibility of dystopian
consequences flowing from a situation in which the cost of energy goes to
zero, although I don't think things necessarily have to go in that
direction.

Eric