From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 20, 2015 2:19 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]: How many atoms to make condensed matter?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:21 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

The counts for elements of that m value appear quite small when compared to the
other elements.  Also, why on earth would anyone use such an expensive element
if a dirt cheap one can substitute?  My suspicion is that this is a dead end
idea if production costs are taken into consideration.

I can only guess at what role they play.  My current working hypothesis is that
the heavier elements serve as alpha emitters in Rossi's case. You probably
would only need a small fraction of the total fuel. The nickel and iron are the
feedstock. The energy is produced as the lighter elements undergo a series of
transitions under successive alpha captures.

If this is true, it could explain the difficulties people are having getting
nickel to produce excess heat in the garage experiments.  It might not hurt to
them again with an alpha emitter added in in the range of those elements at
m>100 in the chart and see what happens.

Eric