From: Axil Axil

http://physik.uni-graz.at/~dk-user/talks/Chernodub_25112013.pdf

*       This article shows how a strong magnetic field destroys color in matter
to produce mesons.

Although this paper is about the extreme magnetic fields (10^15 T) of heavy
ions in a very hot plasma, there could be relevance to what we are talking
about in much colder conditions … surprisingly… this is because the orbital
size of dense deuterium is reduced to a few picometers (2.3 pm) according to
Holmlid.

We can assume that inverse square applies, no? At the Bohr radius (53 pm), the
electron of a deuteron supplies a field of 12.5 Tesla. When the orbital is
reduced by a factor of 24, this would put the effective field very high but
less … but certainly QCD should be affected. There is even an argument that
inverse square goes to inverse cube at picometers….