Intelligent robots threaten millions of jobs

http://phys.org/news/2016-02-intelligent-robots-threaten-millions-jobs.html

Advances in artificial intelligence will soon lead to robots that are
capable of nearly everything humans do, threatening tens of millions of
jobs in the coming 30 years, experts warned Saturday.

"We are approaching a time when machines will be able to outperform humans
at almost any task," said Moshe Vardi.

"I believe that society needs to confront this question before it is upon
us: If machines are capable of doing almost any work humans can do, what
will humans do?"

"Can the global economy adapt to greater than 50 percent unemployment?" he
asked.