Based on comments from Jones and others, I have done some analysis to
determine if the GS5.2 signal in Spectrum-07 could have come from gamma
produced from radon gas decay progeny.  First, Alan Goldwater produced a
map showing the areas where radon levels were high in his area.  In the
area of his lab, radon levels are low, but they are higher where Jeff
Morris did his work.  Internet participant, Ecco, found a plot of gamma
emissions from radon progeny - I put it here:

   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Pc25a4cOM2cnV6U0V5Z3MxSXM

I took this graph, digitized it, calibrated the energy scale, and resampled
it to the same energy scale and samples as the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 calibrated
signal data.  Then I hypothesized, what if the Spectrum-07 signal came from
radon?  So, I normalized the radon progeny spectrum to have the same total
counts as the Spectrum-07 signal and overlaid the two on the same graph.
You can find the high resolution graph here:

   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Pc25a4cOM2Yk8xQlNZOHo3ZVk

I am going to try to include a small version of the graph in this email,
but I am not it will be passed on:

​
What can be seen in the overlay is that the two spectra are clearly
different.  If the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 signal were due to radon progeny
gamma, a distinct peak would have been seen at 610 keV, and by contrast,
the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 signal is clearly smooth.