On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I also hope so for the sake of City dwellers in Anchorage and Fairbanks
> does something.   For example, the State could use eminent domain to take
> over the oil leases and the pipeline from the usurious oil companies and at
> least provide propane and natural gas for off grid systems until LENR comes
> on.

I don't know much about the situation in Alaska.  I do not wish to paint
electric utilities in a bad light by calling them usurious.  I just saw the
possibility for electricity to become uneconomical for lower income people
if, following upon the exit from the grid of large numbers who can afford
solar, some utilities seek to recoup their losses by raising costs for the
shrinking customer base that remains.  In the US context it is hard to
think of a way to help them that will obtain bipartisan support.

Eric