Eric--

Yes. I agree that Agreement language is broad.  I read it several times.  I
would note that the key to the scope of what is involved is the term “which
relates to E-Cat IP.”   The definition of the E-Cat IP comes out in the first
“Whereas” in the Agreement.  As you have noted it includes the Hot Cat IP as
spelled out in the Hot Cat Patent Application in the US per an exhibit to the
Agreement.  It does not apply to the Quark X invention.  I think that is where
Rossi drew the line.

As he mentioned on his blog several times, he was preparing numerous patents
for something—the Quark X IMHO.  When this came out IH got upset I would
imagine.  They decided that they would not pay the extra $89M for only the
E-Cat IP license.  And that is where it stands now.  All this happened after
Woodford’s contribution to IH.  If they and IH decide to give up on the E-Cat
IP development, that is surely a reasonable investment decision.  I do not
think the IH and Darden were cognizant of the future developments when
recruiting Woodford.  It was merely ignorance of the technology possible,
associated with the field of LENR, as well as, the near term  obsolescence  of
E-Cat IP.

At the time of the Agreement signing, I doubt that IH knew the Quark X  was in
the offing.  Or else it would have certainly been included in the scope spelled
out in 13.4.  The Agreement did not address the idea that Rossi had to reveal
all his knowledge—thoughts.  This would be akin to revealing undocumented trade
secrets for anything Rossi may know.  That clearly is not spelled out and would
probably not be enforceable, since the secrets were only ideas in Rossi’s head.
 It’s art knowhow as provided in patent specifications.

However, IMHO the cost to IH for even getting Rossi to license the E-Cat IP was
$100.5 M.

In other places of the Agreement, there were limits on the time Rossi was
obligated to help the IH team learn the art necessary to produce a COP of 6.  I
think that obligated teaching ran out half way through the 1 year test.  In any
case it did not IMHO apply to extra research Rossi was doing on his own time to
perfect the Quark X invention.   Early on Rossi noted the great IH team.  This
language stopped when his team work ended about September 2015 I think.  About
that time Rossi may have initiated the complaint that was ready to go at the
end of the 1 year period, knowing full well from the periodic ERV reports that
the testing on the E-Cat with 4 modules and 52 separate reactors would work out
positive.

Rossi never started work on an E-Cat factory.  I think it was because he
realized the Quark X direct electricity production was what would work best in
society.  I think he is right.  It seems he is not proceeding along the better
option in Sweden where he perceives his efforts will be least resisted and
maybe even encouraged by the Swedish government.  He seems to have the ear of
the Royal Academy and the Nobel Association, which may give him some sway
there, more so than elsewhere.

As Lennart will probably agree with, a good business climate with government
support is pretty important.

>From my standpoint, it is too bad that the United States has not been more
>supportive, particularly in advising of  the overall acceptance of LENR
>technology.  However, I understand that such a progressive position would not
>be liked by the established financial interests, since it would hasten their
>“oxen getting gored”.

Bob Cook