Not clear how you arrived at that conclusion. Another story is that IH never tried to find a customer and then blamed Rossi for starting late. Or maybe didn't get all the partners to sign the agreement with the modified test procedures so they could claim it was invalid? Of accepted instrumentation that they knew was unsatisfactory and then at the end complained about it? The test is what a reasonable man would do. In the circumstances described by Jed (that it was impossible to know the results) a reasonable man would have fired the ERV and shut it down after say a week, not waited a year.