On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 10:50 PM, a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Not clear how you arrived at that conclusion.

I got that impression from observing Rossi's poor behavior over many years,
and from observing what seems like forbearance on the part of IH,
especially as seen from hindsight, as more information trickles in. I do
not require that you arrive at the same conclusion.  You clearly have a
different take on things, one that seems naive to me.

Another story is that IH never tried to find a customer and then blamed
> Rossi for starting late.  Or maybe didn't get all the partners to sign the
> agreement with the modified test procedures so they could claim it was
> invalid?  Of accepted instrumentation that they knew was unsatisfactory and
> then at the end complained about it?

If IH have rebutted in a reply to a US federal court to a lawsuit raised
against it that Rossi was at fault for starting the test late when it was
in fact their own failure to obtain a customer, Rossi will have an
opportunity in Leonardo's reply to clear up this error, making IH look very
bad indeed.  If IH maliciously took note a lack of a signature on the
second amendment so that they could use it to attack the validity of the
second amendment to the license agreement later on, while playing along as
though nothing were amiss, this would definitely have been playing hardball
on the part of a party negotiating "at arm's length" with Leonardo.  Again,
Rossi will have an opportunity to clarify the situation, making IH look
bad.  If IH accepted instrumentation that they knew was unsatisfactory and
then at the end complained about it, this will no doubt come up in
Leonardo's reply.

The test is what a reasonable man would do.

It is hard to by any stretch of imagination to describe Rossi's behavior as
that of a reasonable person. Rossi has been his own worst enemy, as even
his admirers will attest. He succeeded in obtaining millions of dollars in
funding, with the possibility of many more, in a field that has been
starved of funding for many years, and yet he managed to alienate the
people trying to help them and then used the money he obtained to sue
them.  He has filed many patent applications with gross deficiencies and
even obtained a few patents, but none are enabling.  He has carried out
test after test that experts that have debated them for years agree are
lacking.  He has claimed that he was shipping this many units to this
customer or about to build a factory full of robots, while nothing of the
sort was happening.  He claimed that everything was good between him and IH
only a few weeks before launching a lawsuit that he must have known was in
the works for weeks or months. I hope these are not actions that reasonable
people take.

In the circumstances described by Jed (that it was impossible to know the
> results) a reasonable man would have fired the ERV and shut it down after
> say a week, not waited a year.

Not being privy to the details of the situation, it is difficult to say
what IH have attempted to do and what they've done, apart from what we've
read in their statement and their reply.

Eric