a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Why do you say the pressure was higher than 0.0 bar when that is what is
> reported?

Because you could not get this volume of steam or water to flow through the
heat exchanger if the pressure were 0.0 barG (1 atm). The pumps have to
push the water (or steam) and this raises the pressure above 1 atm. Murray
explained this in Exhibit 5:

The steam pressure was reported (for the entire period) to be 0 kPaG and
the piping is DN40.

For steam to flow, a pressure differential is required to overcome the
losses in the pipe. Given the foregoing, this would require that the
pressure on the JMP side of the building was significantly below
atmospheric (vacuum) and that the steam would flow at extraordinary
velocity. But this was obviously not the situation present at the location.

I and others noted this fact before reading this Exhibit.

(Let us assume this is meant to be 0.0 barG, and the 0.0 bar in Rossi's
data is a misprint.)

Also, because an earlier version of the report supposedly had higher
numbers, which were replaced with 0.0 bar in the later version. I saw only
the later version.