I can guess a large coherent—QM  entangled—system could host a large reaction
throughout that system, but not beyond it boundaries.  Beyond the initial
coherent  system would have to be other coherent systems which would require
resonant conditions, possibly provided by the thermal pulse or other energy
output of the initial reaction, to LENR.

However, it may be that each coherent system would have to have the same
resonant parameters associated with its structure as the already reacted system
to accomplish its LENR.

I think that with the Ni-H system using nano particles is limited to single
LENR’s at a time, since the particles are apparently not destroyed.  The self
sustaining nature of the Ni-H system would seem to depend upon a relatively
slow creation of resonant conditions in the various nano particles making up
the reactor.  If the reactor gets to hot, the resonant conditions cease to
happen very often  and LENR stops.

The Pd-D system seems much closer to a system that has the potential for much
larger number of reactions within a single large grain or crystal that
constitutes a coherent system.  I have been of the opinion that a number of
cells of the Pd crystal could be involved in a resonant condition that would
result in the fusion of 2 D in each cell at the same time.  This is what would
cause the melting of the PD crystal and destruction of the grain.  Helium was
correlated with heat as would be expected with the D fusion.  I consider the
P&F description of the reaction as cold fusion was accurate.

Bob Cook