The detonation of a fission device includes the compression of the pit to
1/3 of its original  volume. This compression is done using systemic
explosives shockwaves. There is also neutron reflectors/amplifiers involved
to keep neutrons inside the pit.

In LENR, by their very nature, the lack of confinement of muons makes a
rapid chain reaction impossible because the speed of the chain reaction
cannot be confined and therefore be accelerated.