While we may not have reached the singularity, I already feel "enhanced" by
my connection (fingers and eyes) to the computer.  My old boss used to
describe computers as "brain amplifiers" when pitching the purchase of new
computers to management (asking, "how much amplification do you want?").
It was appropriate.  I am fortunate to have witnessed the birth of
computers in the workplace, and I have seen the good and bad of how
engineering has changed due to computing having become an integral part of
the process.  Engineering is exponentially more rapid with computer.
Unfortunately, engineers that were brought up within the computer era lack
the engineering common sense in many cases that is used to tell whether the
computed result is plausible.  We have come a long way in our marriage with
computers.  While the futurists get many things right, they almost always
get the timing wrong.  I remember during the rise of GaAs ICs in the
semiconductor industry, it was frequently touted as being the technology of
the future; only the likeness turned into, "the technology of the
future...and it always will be".  One can think that the singulatity is
only 12 years out...and it always will be.  Viable hot fusion energy
production is only 25 years out... and it always will be. :)