As someone who works in the AI industry at a fortune 100 company, I can
assure you the Singularity is arriving.  Most of humanity is rapidly
becoming a 2nd class citizen.   I am skeptical that we will get AI that can
build AI, but I am confident that we will have AI, plus those who control
the AI, and then everyone else.   I hope to be in the former group and my
intention is to encourage my fellows not to take advantage of those in the
latter.