It has been evident for years that Rossi has been spending time boning up on atomic physics.

What he writes here makes sense to me, but perhaps others here, more expert than me, will comment.

1.
   Andrea Rossi
   March 31, 2017 at 12:55 PM
   <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=892&cpage=223#comment-1273347>

   Eugene Atthove:
   As a matter of fact, neutrinos and antineutrinos in the nuclear
   physics equations are “tricks”, assumed to be real to obtain the
   respect of the leptons conservation law.
   For example: the neutron decay, of which we talked yesterday, gives
   one proton, one electron and one antineutrino: why? Because at the
   left of the neutron decay equation you do not have leptons, at the
   right you have one lepton and this would be against the leptons
   number conservation law: therefore you have to assume the emission
   of an antineutrino, so you have one plus lepton ( the electron ),
   one minus lepton ( the antineutrino ) = zero leptons also at the
   right of the equation, so that the law is respected. You could say
   that this sounds a little bit tricky, like an artifact, but…it is,
   albeit without this trick the Standard Model would brutally crack
   down: realistically, between a crack and a trick is better the trick.
   Warm Regards,
   A.R.