We all know that neutrinos pass directly through things, even big things such as the earth.

However it is also known that neutrinos interact with matter as a result of the Z boson or neutral current. This results in small amounts of momentum transfer and people have looked at whether this is measureable, e.g. by making neutrinos bounce off things that they hit at a very shallow angle.

If matter deflects neutrinos in this way then does this mean that neutrinos that pass through, for example, the moon will get very slightly deflected, in random directions, such that the moon ends up acting as a neutrino diffuser. This will mean that if you are far enough away the moon will cast a neutrino shadow. Is the earth/moon distance sufficiently far away such that we are in a solar neutrino shadow during a total eclipse?

No one seems to have considered this possibility, but it seems not unreasonable

Nigel