On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Che <comandantegri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Scientific research should not be a popularity contest, right?
>>

> Perhaps it should not be, but alas, it is. We have to deal with the real
> world as it is, not as we might wish it to be. That concept seems somewhat
> alien to you.

Jesus Christ, you bourgeois types... the POINT is to CHANGE the World: a
concept you people ARE most absolutely unfamiliar with. To be charitable.

> *Especially* considering the funding circus that the usual 'vested
>> interests' have prostituted it into (like much else in life).
>>

> I doubt it.
>

>> If I were you people, this development would be almost my least concern
>> at the moment.
>>

> If people lose all interest in cold fusion, the research will die along
> with the few scientists now doing it.

Anything real will NOT really die. Stop thinking so short-term and personal
interest.

> So what does this say about all those people who've insisted that we stop
>> using the term 'cold fusion', because it is 'needlessly provocative'[sic]
>> -- and who came up with this 'LENR' euphemism . . .
>>

> I know the people who came up with the term LENR. It wasn't intended as a
> euphemism but rather as a more scientifically accurate way to describe the
> phenomenon. In any case, euphemisms never work. They quickly take on the
> negative connotations of the word they replace. That is why people come up
> with an endless series of words to describe, for example, privy, WC,
> toilet, bathroom, men's room, etc.
>
> - Jed

Bulldada. Evasion. Clearly so.

I continue to claim hypocrisy. And you've further proved it for me, here,
now, AFAIC.