It appears to be a real patent, finally published on March 1st

https://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair

Nigel

On 17/03/2018 01:53, JonesBeene wrote:

Strange that there is no patent number – only an application number but they call it a patent.

Justia has been know to screw up in the past and the Inventor: Victor M. Villalobos has claimed fantastical inventions before. I would love to see this proved with an actual experiment -  but as of now, serious doubts are raised. Of course, it is possible that Goodenough’s device relates to ZPE and this inventor could lay claim to it -- but will we ever know what is going on scinetifically, now that there are legal ramifications?

In the past USPTO would never grant a patent on anything to do with ZPE or cold fusion, but things change…

Anyway this is curious – shall we say…?

*From: *Nigel Dyer <mailto:l...@thedyers.org.uk>**

And there is this 'Zero Point Energy Magnetic Battery'

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20180059704

Nigel

JonesBeene wrote:

    The recent announcement from University of Texas of a far more
    powerful solid-state "glass” battery technology from John
    Goodenough's lab has yet to sink in for most of the scientific
    community. There is evidence of a ten-fold increase in energy
    density between charges, so long as there are rest periods. IOW
    the device seems to recharge itself when given the time to do so.

    The extreme interest in this technology is due to the reputation
    of Goodenough, the inventor the Li-ion battery in several
    versions including the one used by the Tesla automobile.
     Goodenough is still active in the field at 94 years of age and
    that is another miracle in this unfolding story about a device
    that seems to defy physics. Curiously, this technology is
    reminiscent of EESTOR which is just down the road and still
    operating (under the radar) after disappointing dozens of VCs
    with millions of dollar spent and no product. Must be something
    in the water down there in the Lone Star state, even though both
    technologies are water free.

    Similarly to that EESTOR fiasco, the reaction among the “experts”
    in the battery field strong skepticism tinged with jealousy. But
    Goodenough and his reputation makes things more interesting this
    time around. The growing conclusion from published early data is
     that this battery breaks the laws of thermodynamics and that is
    the most significant aspect of story from our perspective… but in
    truth the gain could be coming from ambient heat and not the
    chemicals in device – which technically is more like a
    self-charging capacitor than a redox battery. This sounds a bit
    like “water memory” in that we have mobile molecules that want to
    return to a earlier state even after giving up energy and
    dropping to a more stable state.

    Although lithium is one of the chemicals, sodium works as well or
    better so this is apparently not anything nuclear with respect to
    Li, or is it? The glass electrolyte apparently contains lithium,
    even in the case of  sodium as the  charge carrier. Nor is dense
    hydrogen involved (unless it is trade secret). The one critical
    material required is an alkali from Column 1, which indicates
    that the manipulation of loosely bound electrons is the key. Many
    here on vortex might remember back in the previous century there
    were experiments and much talk about self-charging capacitors.
    Even data. This not a new claim and in fact there is little doubt
    that there are anomalies when you get to level of hundreds of
    Farads in a small area, which is due to some kind of paradigm
    shit … but the conservative opinion remains that these are
    measurement problems and not thermodynamic violations.

    Given everything that is unfolding, it is even likely that there
    will be a fit between the extreme dielectrics of EESTOR and the
    glass electrode of Goodenough. I would like to see a merger of
    the two. Ultra dielectrics have not gone away.

    Bottom line: Imagine the repercussions of  an electric car with
    ten times less battery cost than the new Tesla… or even four time
    less. The market for crude oil would crash, no?

    That possibility will ruffle some feathers, especially in Texas
    where even students are armed. If I were John Goodenough, I would
    insist on adding some guards around the Texas Materials Institute
    and more security. He has a few good years left, it would seem.

    The only bad news from this technology is that there will not be
    very much demand for LENR if you can produce a low cost battery
    which recharges itself … unless of course the recharging is
    itself a form of LENR. This is not ruled out.