Hi,
[snip]
>On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:08 PM <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

>> Hi Harry,
>> [snip]
>> A frame of reference is exactly that. It's a mathematical construct.
>> Choose any frame you like, and stick to it, and the
>> math will all work out.
>> Difficulties only arise when we, sometimes sub-consciously, change our
>> frame of reference.
>> Regards,
>>

>My point is that the mathematical construct known as a "frame of reference"
>misses something substantial about reality.

My point is that you are missing something about frame of reference.
The Human mind prefers to think of the World around us as a stationary frame,
and think of all motion as relative to
that frame. However that's just a personal choice.
As far as the math is concerned, you can choose any frame you like, but your
mind may not be comfortable with it.
BTW note that on a stellar scale we tend to choose different frames of
reference.

>Does vertigo provide a frame of reference?

Frames are reference are not "provided", they are chosen.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success