On Wed., Feb. 26, 2020, 4:29 p.m. , <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> [snip]
> >On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:08 PM <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> >> Hi Harry,
> >> [snip]
> >> A frame of reference is exactly that. It's a mathematical construct.
> >> Choose any frame you like, and stick to it, and the
> >> math will all work out.
> >> Difficulties only arise when we, sometimes sub-consciously, change our
> >> frame of reference.
> >> Regards,
> >>

> >My point is that the mathematical construct known as a "frame of
> reference"
> >misses something substantial about reality.
>
> My point is that you are missing something about frame of reference.
> The Human mind prefers to think of the World around us as a stationary
> frame, and think of all motion as relative to
> that frame.

The human mind, or at least a large number of minds came to choose
heliocentrism over geocentrism. Therefore the human mind is capable of
regarding itself as not being stationary. I will grant that the biology of
perception often provides a substitutes for the reasoned choice of the mind.

However that's just a personal choice.
> As far as the math is concerned, you can choose any frame you like, but
> your mind may not be comfortable with it.
> BTW note that on a stellar scale we tend to choose different frames of
> reference.
>

> >Does vertigo provide a frame of reference?
>
> Frames are reference are not "provided", they are chosen.

Ideally the choice should be the product of investigation and (conscious)
deliberation rather than just be driven by perception.

Harry