ROGER ANDERTON <r.j.ander...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> sounded like conspiracy theory.

What sounded like a conspiracy theory? What do you refer to?

As I said, not everything that sounds like a conspiracy theory, is a
conspiracy theory. Not everything that sounds implausible is false. The
Titanic disaster was caused by a whole series of unlikely events that,
taken together, sound like a third-rate pot-boiler disaster movie. Quite
unbelievable. Too much sulphur in the metal; the captain ignoring radio
warnings of ice; not enough lifeboats; a ship nearby ignoring distress
rockets and not waking up the radio operator . . . it is a long list. If
even one of the causes had been missing, no one would have died. It sounds
extremely improbable, but it happened.

> As for cold fusion -
>

> Criticism of cold fusion claims generally take one of two forms: either
> pointing out the theoretical implausibility that fusion reactions have
> occurred in electrolysis setups or criticizing the excess heat measurements
> as being spurious, erroneous, or due to poor methodology or controls. There
> are a couple of reasons why known fusion reactions are an unlikely
> explanation for the excess heat and associated cold fusion claims.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion

The first sentence is correct and at the same time, idiotic. Theoretical
implausibility is never a valid reason to reject replicated, high-sigma
experimental results. That violates the scientific method. There are no
actual critiques of the excess heat measurements, but only stupid,
groundless assertions by people who do not know the difference between
power and energy, such as Morrison and Taubes. See p. 18 and p. 27:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJreviewofth.pdf

See also:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanreplytothe.pdf

That is the best -- and only -- skeptical experimental "critique" there is.
There are no others.

The second sentence is bullshit. There are no valid "reasons why known
fusion reactions are an unlikely explanation for the excess heat and
associated cold fusion claims." Not a couple. Not one. None.