Hi,
>Seriously?

yes.

>I think the answer lies in the patent on p. 24 of 36 under "Detailed
>Description":
>

>*Certain details are set forth below to provide a sufficientunderstanding
>of embodiments of the invention. However, itwill be clear to one skilled in
>the art that embodiments of theinvention may be practiced without various
>of these particulardetails. In some instances, well-known structures and
>materials have not been shown in detail in order to avoid unnecessarily
>obscuring the described embodiments of the invention.*
>
><end quote>
>
>Namely, the battery which is necessary to create the initial magnetic
>field.  Once current is flowing in the "belt" the Faraday Motor effect
>kicks in.

This thing isn't a motor. All it does is provide a means of electrically
connecting a moving part to a non-moving part.
IOW it replaces the slip rings or brushes, but doesn't wear out nearly as fast,
primarily, IMO, because of the rolling,
as opposed to sliding/scraping, contact.
As Bob said, this means that an electromagnet can now be used for the rotor ISO
a permanent magnet made from scarce
materials.
(See Self Excited Generators).
Cloud storage:-