Jones Beene wrote:

Stan Meyer was not murdered, most likely. Nor was Gene
Mallove.

As noted this meant Gene was not murdered by an establishment conspirator, but rather by an ordinary crazed drug addict.

The larger problem with all of this talk is that it probably does the whole field of alternative-energy a huge *disservice* to suggest things like this on little or no evidence.

I agree. Even if it is true, it does not do us any good talking about it without evidence.

It reinforces the notion among the majority of open-minded readers of these posts - or of LENR-CANR and so forth - that the only people who could possibly believe that low level nut-cases like Meyer would attract the attention of the putative PetroMafia are those who will "believe in anything" especially of a "high level conspiracy" nature.

True again. BUT, however, the PetroMafia is real and they have suppressed technology. The upcoming movie discussed here, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" is a good example. So was the destruction of the public transportation system in Los Angeles in the 1940s, and the bankruptcy of the LUZ Corp. solar thermal generating systems. I would not call these actions "conspiracies" because the corporations that suppressed this technology acted shamelessly and overtly. You might as well say the tobacco companies have been conducting a "conspiracy" to spread cancer, or coal-fired plants conspire to secretly kill 20,000 people per year. It is no conspiracy when you boldly commit crimes in public.

Along the same lines, I do not think Park and Zimmerman are "conspiring" to suppress cold fusion and fire anyone in the federal government who supports cold fusion. How can you call the conspiracy when they announced their plans in front of a crowd of a thousand cheering supporters at the APS?!? You might call it a witch hunt, or an academic pogrom. The DoE's de facto policy of attacking cold fusion is also overt. They make no bones about it, and although they do sometimes lie to the public -- claiming they may fund experiments -- it is a gratuitous lie. It is a mere formality. They do not expect anyone to believe it. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LENRCANRthedoelies.pdf

Even if one accepts that there are rogue elements in government (there are), and in a handful of corporations, such as Halliburton - that is far from the pervasive kind of evil it would take to murder someone whose greatest value, under any circumstances, might be as "martyr value" or as "mobilization value".

More to the point, Meyer was suppressing himself more effectively than any conspirators could have hoped to accomplish. Meyer was, as I often say, his own worst enemy. This is true of many cold fusion researchers as well. Why molest an enemy who is as assiduously destroying himself?

The suggestion of a conspiracy to murder Meyer is ludicrous IMHO. Now if someone took out a real genius of the level of Puthoff, R. Mills, George Miley,
Bockris, Mizuno etc - then yes - that would be a huge concern.

If these people ever begin to make serious technical progress, and the oil companies become aware of their activity, then I think they may soon be in grave danger. I doubt they will be murdered, but I expect they will be fired on trumped up charges, and their funding cut off. They will be given the kind of treatment being meted out to Taleyarkhan by Nature and the rest of the physics establishment.

As things now stand the oil companies are not the least bit concerned about CF as far as I know. As Beene indicated, they are busy fighting global warming researchers, and spreading false rumors about wind energy, such as the notion that it kills significant numbers of birds.

Now that we have said all these rotten things about Meyer, I think we should recall that he did impress some smart people, such as Adm. Griffin. I am haunted by the possibility that he may have actually been on to something real.