Hi Stephen,

>> On the other hand, the Aether Physics Model solidly backs General
>> Relativity.

> Say what??  SR is a subset of GR -- it is exactly equal to general
> relativity in the absence of mass (flat "background" space).

Say what??  GR was derived completely independent of SR.  The "link" to SR
was added later.  The original SR paper aimed to show the equivalence of
mass and energy.  GR shows that space-time influences and is influenced by
matter.  You can't have matter without mass, so a massless interpretation of
GR is complete nonsense.

> I can't imagine how you believe you can have GR without SR.

I don't see how you believe they have anything in common.

>>  It derives the GR simplified field equation in terms of charges
>> from first principles.

> Do you mean the linearized theory?  Didn't follow this.

The simplified GR field equation is:

G = 8pi T

where G is the space-time curvature tensor and T is the mass/energy tensor.

The Aether Physics Model equivalent is:

e^2 = 8pi (a * e.emax^2)

where e^2 is spherical electrostatic charge (from the Aether) and e.emax^2
is toroidal electromagnetic charge (from matter).

>  Einstein's version of GR presents in terms of mass,
> and is a tortured process.  But tortured or not, the concept that space-
> time interacts with matter is valid in both physics models.

Dave