Harry sez:

> Earth is our space ship.

Precisely. And perhaps some day in the near future we may learn how to
make a good space ship ourselves - based on our knowledge of the
original blue prints.

Rhong sez:

> It might be tolerable to live one's life
> out on such a ship if it were large enough,
> but it would be a sad comedown from living
> it out on Earth.

Not necessarily.  Given sufficient advancements in technology future
space faring cities might possess very enjoyable & healthy
environments. They could turn out to be great places to live, work,
and raise a family.

As ROY (from BladeRunner) concluded: "I've seen things you people
wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I
watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those
moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

It will most likely be the young and restless who will seriously
consider such options. Not old farts like me.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks