Hi,
[snip]
>To clarify one point on what has yet to be shown by Rown:  is the excess heat
>the result of hydrogen "shrinkage" only ?  - and therefore there is zero
>transmutation, zero gammas and zero ash ?
>
>OK - It should be mentioned prominently that 24Mg is the most common isotope
>of magnesium (about 79%) and therefore if some kind of virtual neutron is
>involved in this reactor with 23Na, which gives anaomalous energy, and it is
>followed by a low energy beta decay (an order of magnitude less than expected)
>then there should be some anomalous magnesium showing up in place of sodium in
>the reactor.
>
>Also "hyperfine coupling" should be mentioned here as Mills' CQM has
>fine-structure written all over it <g> This the weak magnetic interaction
>between electrons and nuclei. Hyperfine coupling causes the hyperfine
>splitting of atomic or molecular energy levels and supposedly this would do
>two things in the context of 23Na-  which are to further enhance shrinkage and
>also lower the half-life for the transmutation into magnesium.
>
>Jones

I am somewhat confused by the Rowan report. To start with they fail to mention
how much Na (&/or NaOH) was used in either cell.
They fail to explain where the Al in reaction 2 on page 10 comes from.
In short, I would have expected a full analysis to have specified *exactly*
which chemicals and how much of each went into a heat producing cell (including
the amount of Hydrogen), and also what was left at the end of the run. That way
readers would be free to do their own calculations, rather than relying on the
expertise of the Rowan chemistry department, and their judgment of which
reactions took place (or could have taken place).

Furthermore, given the nature of the purported reactions, I would have expected
an accounting of just how much "unexplained substance" (Hydrino chemicals) was
present at the end.

However, all that having been said, if we assume that there was indeed excess
heat, inexplicable by means of ordinary chemistry, then apart from the nuclear
reactions mentioned by Jones, here are a couple of others:

Na23 + Hy -> Mg24 + 11.7 MeV carried away by a fast electron (no neutron
involvement).

Na23 + Hy -> Ne20 + He4 + 2.37 MeV largely carried away by the alpha particle.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>