Hi,
[snip]
>MC: The Rowan report could be more detailed, in view of the importance of
>it. The important thing is that they used the BLP process and were able to
>get heat yields of the same magnitude. The report presupposes familiarity
>with the "Commercializable...." paper available on the website. Al is a
>residual element in the creation of Reynal-Ni. Why it is important is not
>clear to me. Mills has stated specifically that the only consumeable in the
>reaction cycle is hydrogen; all other elements are recovered and reused.

The problem with this is once again that we have only his word for it. The whole
point of an independent replication is to get someone else's word for it too.

>Exactly how this is done is not clear to me from any report I have seen.
>
>Until one has made an effort to study the "Commercializable..." report, I

I have made some effort in that direction.

>think it pointless to speculate on what "really" happens.
>
>Furthermore, given the nature of the purported reactions, I would have
>expected
>an accounting of just how much "unexplained substance" (Hydrino chemicals)
>was
>present at the end.
>
>MC: The refrenced paper specifies that H[1/3] is the primary reaction
>product, with H[1/4] produced with available H in a secondary reaction. Once
>the hydrinos are produced, complex catalytic reactions can continue. I have
>not seen any studies of these.

What I meant was that the Rowan study could at least have said e.g. "We were
able to identify x grams of conventional chemicals after completion of the
process. This left us with y grams that we could not identify".

If x = the starting amount, then the Hydrino compounds are either likely
distributed around the interior walls of the reaction vessel, or only present as
Hydrino molecules.

>However, all that having been said, if we assume that there was indeed
>excess
>heat, inexplicable by means of ordinary chemistry, then apart from the
>nuclear
>reactions mentioned by Jones, here are a couple of others:
>
>MC: Why speculated about nuclear reactions when hydrinos have been isolated
>and chjaracterized by BLP?
[snip]
...pushing my own barrow? (in part), but also, like Jones, pointing out that
LENR remains a possible alternative/associated possible means of heat
production, and consequently experimenters should check for potential ionizing
radiation. Of course, Mills can be counted on not to do this, because he doesn't
want to find it.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>