Any or all of us could take responsibility in helping to maintain the effectiveness and integrity of the list.

I was not acutely aware that RELIGION and POLITICS were inappropriate subjects here until this recent flare-up. I, of course, thought they were OT, but tolerated.

Now if the word from our sponsor (Bill) says that, in fact, RELIGION and POLITICS are inappropriate here, then I won't hesitate to jump in and remind someone about that if I notice it. Nor should anyone else, IMO.

Once the reminder is placed in the thread, a yellow (or red) flag is raised. The person is reminded that they have the option to move the thread over to the other forum. Simple and polite. If they don't move it, or they argue, they're bucking for a ban.

It is our way of helping Bill to provide this service for us. This is how community works. We make and abide by certain rules and we collectively support them.

Yes?
Anybody else agree with this?
Anybody else willing to help watch the list for (purely) RELIGION and POLITIC threads? (I presume that threads about energy politics are acceptable.)

Steve