From: Jed Rothwell

> Cerron-Zeballos did a careful, year-long attempt to replicate, as you see
in the paper. As far as I can tell, they disproved the Focardi claims....

 On the contrary, as far as I can tell, they merely failed to replicate the
Focardi claims.

"Failure to replicate" should never be confused with "disproof."

Just as with Pd-D experiments, where there are many careful attempts at
replication that unfortunately end in failure to replicate,  a null result
*disproves* nothing (unless there was a claim of 100% reproducibility, and if
there was that - it was foolishly made).

"Failure to replicate" does prove one thing, however: that there are unknown or
unexplained factors - which can keep this type of experiment from producing the
desired results. What factors?

In both cases, an adequate explanation for null result - if not the best
explanation - is that the matrix material, whether it is Ni or Pd - differed
very slightly in composition, and that the more active electrode contained
(inadvertently or intentionally) either an active dopant ... or more likely (if
the A-Z experiment has broad generality) that the surface nanostructure
differed is being in the FRET range, or not. The Forster radius may be
absolutely essential to LENR, and this is the wider value of Arata (in my
interpretation) - and that small detail of nanostructure was not realized by
the experiment replicator, and could even have been serendipitous to the
original claimant.

Jones