Frankly, I would rather have a hybrid that could go 50 miles without using the engine, but with the ability to go much further without requiring the expense of two cars or having to look desperately for a charging station as the meter goes into the red zone late at night. The idea of a pure electric makes no sense at all, at least until the charging stations are common and can charge or swap batteries in a few minutes. This won't be the case for years. I'm afraid the wish for perfection has once again led people down the path to eventual bankruptcy.

Ed