On Aug 6, 2009, at 5:32 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:

From: Mr. Storms

> According to David Jacob's work, the abductees run in families.
> I suppose some random catch and release might happen, but this
> does not seem to be the prevailing method.  People who are abducted
> are also caught repeatedly and re-examined. The aliens seem to be
> interested in following particular genetic lines from one generation
> to the next.  This is exactly how our scientists carry out genetic
> research in our laboratories, so this approach is not surprising.

I suspect both Jacob and I Hopkins would concur with this hypothesis. It’s a plausible explanation within the context of our current scientific paradigms.

Playing the devil’s advocate, the fact that there does seem to be an obvious cross-generation genetic component suggests the possibility that the genes themselves are primarily responsible for allowing such experiences to manifest within certain individuals. IMO, such a hypothesis is just as reasonable an explanation as compared to conjecturing that the experiences are generated by encounters with extraterrestrial aliens whom it is alleged are interested in particular DNA lineages.

Come now, Steven, I don't know about your kids, but mine are not similar enough to have the same nonreal experiences. While similar vivid hallucinations run in families, the occasions are very rare. Besides, you ignore all the physical evidence that is consistent with the claimed events.

I’ll say it once again for the record, my conjecture does not mean that such experiences should be considered any less valid, certainly not to the experiencer.

Either the allies and their claimed behavior and supposed intentions are real, or the claims are only in the imagination, as you argue. To me, the former is important and the latter possibility is trivial. Granted, some people suffer from hallucinations, which are only important to the people who have the experience and to people who study brain function. On the other hand, the reality of alien visitation is important to everyone.

I suspect our current understanding of what is considered valid reality is likely to undergo radical changes within the next century or two.

I expect this is true. Of course, the UFO issue is not the only one that is being debated these days and will result in significant changes in popular belief. Popular belief is usually many years behind what is known by people who make an effort to understand reality. Why not get a head start on this process?

Ed

Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks