At 03:56 PM 10/25/2009, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Jones Beene referred to the Arata & Zhang material with 84% Ni, 16% Pd. I believe this is their most effective alloy yet. It is described in the ICCF-15 abstracts, p. 35, quoted in full:

PRODUCTION OF HELIUM AND ENERGY IN THE "SOLID FUSION"

Y. Arata, Y.C. Zhang, and X.F. Wang
Center for Advanced Science and Innovation, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan
Helium as an important evidence of solid-state fusion was detected by mass analyzer "QMS". As result, " Solid Fusion" has been confirmed by the helium existence, and then we developed the Helium production system

Cool. Arata, as you've explained many times, doesn't give a fig about what people think. So... he settles on a measure of the activity, then works on optimizing that, instead of trying to please the critics with more "proof." If somebody thinks his helium measurements are screwy, that's not his problem. He's going to see how much helium he can make!

If he's getting optimal results with that mixture, the whole cost equation shifts. Now. Once Lomax Design Associates sweeps the world with its home Thermonuclear Nanodetonation kit, we will make the actual big bucks with Cold Fusion Handwarmers. Don't you think that would be great for the winter, here in New England? And the skeptics can go eff themselves, as they will if they tell the wife, "No way that could be working, you've been fooled into thinking your hands are warm, it's purely wishful thinking, the Coulomb barrier can't possibly be bypassed, take it back."

Or not, I suppose. But why not start thinking about products that can be made, instead of products that might someday, maybe be made if there are technology breakthroughs? It doesn't have to be a big energy revolution. At first. Just make some hands warm, a few degrees inside a pocket might be enough.