See:

Barnhart, B., et al., Technology Forecast: Worldwide Research on Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions Increasing and Gaining Acceptance 2009, Defense Intelligence Agency.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BarnhartBtechnology.pdf

This is an annoying document. There is a duplicated footnote, the graphics quality is poor, and converting it to a searchable format with ABBYY either degrades the image quality even more, or inflates the file size.

The version I uploaded here was made "searchable" with PDF Converter Professional, which adds only 29 KB to the file and leaves the graphic quality alone. Unfortunately, the text has OCR errors in it. I have a completely corrected version from the ABBYY file. I think I will upload the text only here.

NOTE: If you wish to see the underlying text in a "searchable" image-over-text Acrobat document, you can use two methods:

1. Put a block around a section of the document, press Ctrl-C and then paste into another program.

2. With some documents, within Acrobat select "save a copy of this file." Change "Save as type:" to text. This does not seem to work with this file but you can always do this with a more civilized program such as PDF Converter Professional.

I do not think much of Adobe Acrobat.