Dear Cousin Jed,

You are right in principle, we have many elements of *know wha*t and *know
how *re the cells.
We know the critical parameters but we cannot always achieve them. We
definitely have no *know why* because we do not have first class theories
that predict, we also do not have
second class theories that prohibit only third class that explain, and don't
explain clearly.
Do you have a favorite theory?

And we are unable to explain miraculous results as Mizuno's unquenchable
cathode or Energetics' cathode no 64- such events are unique and cannot be
understood yet.
And only these are good for a technology, not those asking for sensitive
calorimeters.
. And we do not have examples of solid reproductbility. We perhaps know, but
we can not as much as we know.

My guess is that this situation si due to the poisoning- in an uncontrolable
way of the active sites (Ed Storm' NAE) with S, C, N trace compounds from
air- the same that are causing climate change. In order to try to get
coontrollable LENR these poisons have to be removed from the system. Nobody
believes me, and I have no lab to try myself..

Perhaps we know what makes the cells work, but it is equally important to
know what makes the cells to NOT work. Unfortunately the cells know this too

Peter