-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Blanton

... Although there *were* some penetrating aromas on those southern August
Sundays when the engineers were allow to work on the machinery ...

Well, I'm sure those ramblin' wrecks were a head of their time, and
phenanthrene is found in cigarette smoke, and presumably other volatile tars
as well... but getting back to what makes it unusual, in regard to FRET - is
the photo-activity and fluorescence combined with the aromagnetism. Notice
the way the protons located on carbons 4 and 5 on the stick model here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenanthrene

almost touch. That would possibly be the active site for some kind of LENR
effect. And the fact that the molecule can be aligned easily may shed some
light, so to speak on what Mizuno has discovered.

Looking back in the archive, I see we did explore some facets of this, esp.
in re: Les Case. His effect was difficult to reproduce and it "could have"
related to whether phenanthrene was in the starting material or not.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg29270.html

Jones