> We don't need to do anything; we only have to
> wait, and in a matter of weeks, or even days, all of our serious problems
> will be magically swept away by a sequence of "galactic waves" of higher
> frequency, that will automatically bring a new age to Earth.

Or, the other version: the world will be miserably destroyed. And it's
none of your bussiness. You are powerless and helpless, there's nothing
you can do about it. Just surrender to the idea of the inminent collapse
of civilization, the destruction of mankind, and the absolute lack of any
meaning and sense in anything you can do.
There are serious efforts going around to propagate those kind of ideas
too, and to instill the fear and desolation they bring.