On 09/08/2010 01:16 AM, Cosmo Manning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been lurking and have to ask a burning question!
> Mauro Lacy or anyone: in a hypothetical situation... Let's say for
> instance that the earth was in near alignment with galactic central
> point and then wobbled about it for a few days (such as it does at the
> winter solstice). What kind of fluctuations would be expected by your
> hypothesis?

"Galactic alignment with galactic central point". What does that mean?
When you're in a circular, or quasi circular, motion, you are *always*
"aligned" with the center of the circle.

Look, we're actually at 0.02 degrees above (north of) the galactic
plane. Because the distance to the center of the galaxy is of many light
years, those 0.02 degrees are a relatively long distance. And we're
actually traveling *farther* from the galactic plane, due to our actual
direction of motion towards the Solar Apex, which is in the northern
hemisphere. So, there's also no chance that we'll "cross the galactic
plane" anytime soon.

It seems to me that you're confusing or mixing the apparent motion of
the Sun at the solstices, with so called "galactic alignment". Take into
account that the galactic distances are huge. My take is that we will
not see any sudden changes in relation to any galactic related motion.
We're "wobbling" inside the galaxy arm at 16.6 km/s. That's slow
movement, in relation to galactic (extra solar system) distances. Even
more: the conventional view is that that movement is a linear one, that
is, at the moment, and as far as I know, scientists are unable to
calculate the rate of curvature of such "wobble". That can give you an
idea of the times and distances involved.
We're also traveling at 220 km/s in the general direction of galactic
rotation. That means that we'll complete a hypothetical turn in 220
million years! And as I said, although that velocity is one order of
magnitude greater than the movement towards the solar apex, we're always
"aligned" to the center, in relation to that movement, because that
movement is (roughly) on the circumference of a circle.

Now, in relation to 2012 and doomsday scenarios, I'll take the chance
here and say what I think, once and for all:
In my opinion, 2012 in particular has nothing to do with "galactic
alignment"(alignment with what?), crossing of the galactic plane,
changing "galactic frequencies", or whatever you want to call it in your
particular brand or mix of "speculative philosophy".

There's a lot of hype and exaggeration. Even National Geographic,
Discovery and History channel are feeding the fire of the coming final
days. All they do in these "documentaries" is to emphasize the negative
aspects of change, that is, those of destruction, upheaval, crisis,
suffering and, in a general sense, doom. There will be no doomsday. I
repeat: no doomsday. No end of the world.

But, and this is undeniable, we're experiencing a lot of unusual things,
mostly in weather patterns, also in the occurrence of volcanoes and
earthquakes, floodings, extreme weather, etc.
In my opinion, the weather, also earthquakes and volcanoes, that is,
seismic activity on Earth, and also other, "subtler" phenomena, are all
related to cosmic phenomena. In particular, to the activity of the Sun,
but also to planetary positions and alignments, oppositions, etc. We're
just starting to see and understand these connections, and that
understanding will eventually lead to a new, scientific form of the old
science of astrology, which clearly cannot continue and survive as it is
today. Much water will have to run under the bridge for the actual,
materialistic form of scientific knowledge to embrace and pursue that
knowledge, but it will happen nevertheless, sooner or later, due to the
simple fact that those effects and influences are real.

We're approaching a particular event that will happen in 2012, which is
related to the weather in forms that we actually don't understand in a
scientific way, but that are probably due to the solar wind and its
interactions with the Earth(i.e. electromagnetic effects, in a broad or
generic form), which are in turn affected or modified by the planets, by
their location in the ecliptic.
The (second) transit of Venus will happen in 2012. The transits of
Venus(Venus "crossing" the Sun in front of the Earth) come in pairs,
separated by 8 years, and those pairs are separated by the next pair by
105 or 121 years. The first transit happened in 2004.
So, if you study weather patterns, you discover that every hundred years
or so, we have had a decade of uncommon weather. So much for the end of
the times.

Lastly, I want to add something more: In the very same way as there's a
cycle of day and night, and a cycle of the seasons, there are probably
greater cycles. And those cycles are probably related(in ways that we
quite don't understand yet) to the rise and fall of civilizations on
Earth, and also to the general "state of mind" of the beings on Earth.
To the dark ages and to the golden ages.
But please take into account that the duration of those cycles is large,
in the order of thousands of years, and more. Those changes happen
gradually. What we as human beings can do, and in a certain, very real
way, are obligued by the circumstances to do, is to attune and encompass
those relatively gradual changes. It is my understanding, and this is
clear as day if you know where, what and /how/ to look, we're entering a
new age of enlightenment, a new golden age. It is in that sense that the
concept of apocalipsis must be understood. Apocalypsis meaning "the
rising of the veil.".
As you can imagine, it's very important to understand the Apocalypsis,
the rising of the veil, in a positive, creative, constructive,
enlightening way. And we as human beings can and should work, both
individually and collectivelly, to achieve just that.

Best regards,
Mauro

> Thanks for your time.
> -Cosmo
>
> On 9/7/10, Mauro Lacy <ma...@lacy.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     The results of both papers are addressed, to a certain extent, in
>> "Power Spectrum Analyses of Nuclear Decay Rates"
>> http://arxiv.org/abs/1007.0924
>>
>> Mauro
>>
>> On 09/06/2010 02:31 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
>>
>>> Here are two papers which find no evidence of periodic fluctuations in
>>> decay
>>> rates. Both have been published in journals since being uploaded
>>>
>>> to arxiv.org
>>> Harry
>>>
>>> http://arxiv.org/abs/0809.4248
>>>
>>> Searching for modifications to the exponential radioactive
>>> decay law  with the Cassini spacecraft
>>> Authors: Peter S. Cooper
>>> (Submitted on 24 Sep 2008)
>>>
>>> Abstract: Data from the power output of the radioisotope thermoelectric
>>> generators aboard the Cassini spacecraft are used to test the conjecture
>>> that
>>> small deviations observed in terrestrial measurements of the exponential
>>> radioactive decay law are correlated with the Earth-Sun distance. No
>>> significant
>>> deviations from exponential decay are observed over a range of 0.7 - 1.6
>>> A.U. A
>>> 90% Cl upper limit of 0.84 x 10^-4 is set on a term in the decay rate of