Jones Beene wrote:

> I strongly suggest that nothing … absolutely NOTHING … seen so far, proves
> that he does have it. I think he does, but that is only based on things not
> in the record.

Well, I do not speak Italian, but based on the blogger's comments and the
caliber of the people who worked on this project, I disagree. I would say
there are plenty of technical indications this claim is real. The blogger
comments, photos and other materials are here, by the way:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/01/focardi-and-rossi-lenr-cold-fusion-demo.html

Some quotes that lend credibility to the claim (re-arranged in chronological
order):

"Focardi, said colleagues in the Physics Department are taking action in the
calibration of measuring instruments. . . .

Rossi took the floor, anticipates that the reactor will be switched soon.
Pass the word to Professor Giuseppe Levi, Department of Physics of Bologna.
[I think this means "gave the floor to . . ." IOW, Levi spoke] Explain the
types of measures that will be made: 1) estimate the energy produced on the
basis of the measure of how much water is vaporized in the second, and 2) to
understand the source of the process of energy production seek to ensure
that hydrogen is not burned (by measuring the mass at the beginning and end
of the experiment).

Prof. Levi has finished speaking at the reactor and returned. . . .

Levi Professor of the Physics Department has confirmed - in response to a
question - he does not know how the reactor is built, it was limited to
measuring what it produces."

This tells us that various professors at the university have been involved
for some time, and they designed and implemented the calorimetry. I do not
think there is any way Rossi could "fool" these people. I think that would
be physically impossible. Rossi may be a crook but he could not persuade
Levi to destroy his career.

The fact that Levi and other established professors took part in the
experiment is about 4 orders of magnitude more significant than what Rossi
may have done, or the unexplained fires, or his criminal record (if he has
one). Krivit should have said that. I dislike the way he focuses on
personalities and allegations, and ignores the technical content of the
demonstration.