Hi Mauro,

I'm glad your follow-up on Miles Mathis was not lost because of the
recent Italian Brouhaha.

Your initial introduction to Mathis to the Vort Collective got my
attention. I started reading his papers. The article that has
interested me the most was the one in regards to: "Explaining the
Ellipse".

http://milesmathis.com/ellip.html

I have two stories to share in regards to my own close encounter with
Mr. Mathis.

STORY ONE: My adventures with the ellipse

I was fascinated by Miles' explanation that a mysterious repulsive
"E/M field" is the reason why orbiting satellites obeying an
elliptical path are thrown away from the primary gravitational body
during their closest approach. I believe Miles claims his mysterious
E/M field is the principal reason why most satellites don't crash into
the attractive body. Based on my own computer simulations of
elliptical orbits using Celestial Mechanical rules it became pretty
obvious to me that, yes indeed, the equivalent of a "repulsive force"
does seem to manifest briefly as a satellite swings past the
attractive body during its closest approach. However, I don't see the
need to introduce an additional force, Miles' mysterious "E/M force"
to explain the phenomenon. From a computer simulation POV, the simple
rules of accumulated velocity combined with the inverse squared force
of attraction mimics the orbital behavior nicely - in strict Newtonian
terms. (I also realize Mathis is not actually disagreeing with the
traditional algorithmic mechanics used to predict elliptical CM
behavior. Nevertheless, he claims it's incorrect.) What may not be
obvious to many is the fact that manifested centripetal forces DO seem
to generate the equivalent of a temporary negative gravity field
during the satellite's closest approach. This tends to happen only
briefly, during the satellite's closest approach. Whether this
mysterious negative force (the "E/M" field) follows fourth power
rules, as Miles claims I do not yet know for sure. I am however
looking into the matter. Ironically, during the rest of the elliptical
path, the exact opposite is true, centripetally speaking. The
centripetal forces are LESS than the prevailing attractive forces.
Because centripetal forces tend to be LESS the rest of the time, it
eventually causes the satellite to curve back and once again approach
the attractive body. A perfect circle is the only case where a
satellite's negative/repulsive centripetal forces exactly matches the
inverse squared positive/attractive forces. I'm currently trying to
generate some interesting graphics to show this phenomenon, visually.
It's a challenge and a fun exercise to do... and it keeps me off the
streets at night.  ;-)

STORY TWO:  "Advice" Spurned

Changing gears, I have an antidotal story to tell: My final
communications with Miles Mathis did not go very well. In fact it was
disastrous. When I first contacted Miles, he initially asked me for
suggestions on how he might go about selling his very accomplished
paintings since he realized I was an artist too. Initially, I didn't
have much advice to share with Miles. A month or two later however, I
asked one of my unorthodox "counselors" about Miles Mathis. (This
"counselor" would be what most of us would call a channeler, in New
Agey terms. Actually, I like the term: Witch doctor better!) This
witch doctor had some interesting things to say about Mr. Mathis. The
gist of our conversation was the expressed opinion that Mathis is
indeed mathematically perceptive about a lot of concepts. However, the
doctor also added that Miles has gotten a lot of his analysis wrong.
The witch doctor also stated that his rebellious nature, plus
constantly broadcasting an attitude that he has got all the math
figured out, is not doing him any favors. Meanwhile, as far as selling
his accomplished art, which the doctor agreed was very good, they
strongly suggested he try selling through eBay (the European sector)
instead of approaching traditional art galleries in person. The witch
doctor also suggested he avoid trying to sell his art in the United
States since his classical painterly approach would not be appreciated
here. The witch doctor suggested he focus on eBay efforts in certain
European countries, particularly the Scandinavian countries, and
Germany.

For some reason, I decided to share with Miles almost verbatim
significant portions of that transcript I received from this witch
doctor. I made it very clear to Miles that he was under absolutely no
obligation whatsoever to accept the information given from this
"counselor" as being accurate or not. I simply relayed it to him in
the hope that some of information might possibly give him additional
(and hopefully useful) insights into his current situation.

Alas, this did not go over well with Miles. It did not bother me in
the least that Miles' thought the contents of the transcript was
bogus. That was a perfectly natural and logical response to arrive at
considering the unorthodox nature of such "advice". Nevertheless, when
Miles countered that the witch doctor's description of his rebellious
nature, that his rebellious nature was not doing him any favors, Miles
pointedly disagreed. Mile's told me it was precisely due of his
rebellious nature that he has been able to accomplish as much as he
has on the mathematical front.

I thought about Mathis' reply for a nanosecond. I didn't need some
mysterious advice coming from a witch doctor reportedly channeling a
source out in La-la land to tell me that Miles' response was horse
sh_t. I also told Miles the fact that I personally thought his opinion
on the matter was horse sh_t too. (Yes, I realize I could have been
more diplomatic, but under the circumstances, I felt a precisely
calculated blunt approach might have been more effective in getting
through to him.) I immediately followed up my blunt opinion with the
suggestion that if he could work on unloading all of that rebellious
baggage for which he had wrapped himself within I bet he could
accomplish a lot more on the mathematical front. Of course, Miles
disagreed, vehemently so. He told me I had royally pissed him off, and
not to contact him ever again. He ended the conversation by suggesting
I tell the witch doctor (and associates) to go f_ck themselves.

Say what you want about my namby-pamby New Agey unorthodox approach,
either pro or con, it did strike me that some of the information
supplied had hit a raw nerve.

I bid Miles a final email farewell. I tried to once again stress that
he might want to explore selling his art through eBay's European
markets. The unorthodox source actually suggested I tell Miles that he
would actually find more clientele by selling through eBay as compared
going in person to actual galleries in Europe. Miles had previously
mentioned to me the fact that he had sold disappointingly little by
going through the gallery route. Unfortunately, since the eBay
suggestion had originated from a witch doctor, I fear Mr. Mathis will
probably not look into the matter.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com